Looking to improve your heating system? Get answers to frequently asked questions here! Call (760) 477-2222 to schedule your next service in Vista, CA.
Take a look at some of the questions regularly fielded our way.
When is the best time for heating maintenance?
The best time to have your heating system maintained is during the fall. This will give our technicians the opportunity to make sure that your heating system is ready for the winter—when you really need your heater to work reliably and efficiently.
Visit our heating service & maintenance page for more information about 1-800-Any-Tyme’s annual heating maintenance services!
What is included in a heating maintenance service from 1-800-Any-Tyme?
Our heating technicians provide thorough tune-ups that will ensure the best possible operation of your heating system.
Typical tune-ups can include:
- Checking all gas or oil connections, burner combustion, gas pressure and heat exchanger, and thermostat settings
- Tightening all electrical connections
- Measuring motor voltage and current
- Lubricating all moving parts
- Inspecting system controls
How often does the air filter in my furnace need to be changed?
Changing your air filter is very important, as it allows air to flow freely. This leads to a more efficient heating system.
We recommend replacing your air filter once a month, or when you start to see dirt and particles building up in the filter. You would be amazed at the difference just a simple cleaning or replacement can make in your air quality!
When should I replace my old heating system?
A good rule of thumb for heating systems is to replace them when they are older than 15 years. However, it is possible that your heating system can begin experiencing breakdowns and problems earlier than this.
If you find that your heating system is in constant need of repair, replacing it with a new system can save you on costly service charges.What’s more, a faulty heating system will not be working efficiently, thus increasing your annual energy bills.
You may also simply want to install a new system that will heat your home more accurately and evenly. For more control over how and when your home is heated, consider replacing your thermostat as well.
How can I save on my energy bill this winter?
Here are some tips:
- Lower the temperature on your thermostat when you are not at home. Be careful, though: Taking the temperature down a few notches can help you save, but lowering it too much can cause your pipes to freeze and crack.
- Using your fireplace? Keep the damper closed so that precious heat doesn’t escape through the chimney.
- Consider better insulationin your rooms and around windows. This will help your heater do a better job of keeping the heat in and not letting it escape.
Contact 1-800-Any-Tyme for your free quote, and to schedule your next heating service at the most convenient time for you. We offer emergency services during weekends and holidays at no overtime charge!