Pipe Rerouting Services in Vista
Need to reroute the piping in your bathroom? Vista and San Diego County residents, call (800) 656-3569 for professional results.
Trying to do your own pipe rerouting job for your bathroom is no easy project. That’s why it’s best to work with a professional plumbing technician to ensure the job is completed as efficiently as possible. 1-800-Any-Tyme is ready to help you tackle this project! We serve residents throughout the San Diego County area.
What Can You Expect During the Pipe Rerouting Process?
Below we outline the steps we take to reroute your leaky or broken bathroom pipes.
- We will first design a new configuration so that the new drainpipes run parallel to the joints.
- If a permit is required to reroute, we will provide for adequate room on all sides of your major fixtures. We will make sure to follow all standard codes so your project is compliant with local and state standards.
- We will then turn off the water supply before starting the actual rerouting work.
- All water feeds will be capped and sealed off.
- New water feeds will be installed by bringing the hot and cold water directly up from below, between the studs.
- These new feeds are then tied into the old system if you have copper feeds; if you have a compression port system, new PEX tubing will be run.
Slope and Pressure are Important for Pipe Reroutes
Pipes benefit the most when you allow them to have adequate slopes for the drains. However, we will avoid creating too much of a slope for the toilet drain because it will affect the water’s ability to flush out solid waste.
We will go by the standard of keeping the slope at a 1/4 inch for every 4 feet of drainpipe. Different bathroom pipes have specific slope requirements, as listed below:
- Sink drain: 2 inches
- Shower drain: 2 inches
- Toilet drain: 3-4 inches
To pressure your new water feeds, we will cap off the ends of the hot and cold water tubing as well as the drains. Leave the pipes full for a few hours before checking for leaks. When we’re sure there are no leaks, we willmount the fixtures and install the fittings.
Call us today at (800) 656-3569 to see if a complete pipe reroute is what you need to solve your water leak problems.