Call Today! 1-800-269-8963
Air Conditioning Information
In San Diego, spring is in and summer is on its way. If you haven’t done so yet, now is the time to make sure your air cooling unit will be ready for the heat.
Read more on Preparing Your Air Conditioner for Spring and Summer…
Popularity: 1% [?]
Here in San Diego it gets too hot in some locations to be without air conditioning. Not only does air conditioning make your body more comfortable, but it also helps with your breathing. This is especially important for people with asthma.
Read more on Use Air Conditioning to Control Your Asthma…
Popularity: 53% [?]
With the current societal pressures in today’s down economy, more and more of us find ourselves with sleep problems. Stresses cause us to be restless and toss and turn in our beds. Our daily lives give us enough to sweat about. It doesn’t help that the summer heat is rolling in and making our living spaces uncomfortably hot. Nobody wants to be tired, cranky and hot all of the time.
Read more on Air Conditioning Can Help Stop Sleeplessness…
Popularity: 50% [?]
Why Choose a Programmable Thermostat for your Air Conditioner and Heater System?
Attention homeowners! Did you know that most homeowners spend around 50% of their annual energy bill on heating and A/C? San Diego may well have a climate that borders perfection, but only few of us can tolerate those freezing winter nights and scorching summer days without smoothly functioning heating and air conditioning systems in our homes. One simple way to reduce energy usage in your home is to install a programmable thermostat that automatically adjusts indoor temperature according to preset times and temperatures. Your air conditioning and heating expenses should be reduced by more than 10% if the programmable thermostat is used properly.
Read more on Install Programmable Thermostat for Energy Savings…
Popularity: 69% [?]
Prepare Your A/C Unit Before the Heat Rolls In
Spring can be a hectic time for a San Diego homeowner, but the annual air conditioner check up should never be left out of the (endless) to-do list of maintenance chores of the responsible homeowner. Unfortunately, most of us wait until the first heat wave to crank the old air conditioning unit, and more often than not, an unpleasant surprise awaits those who procrastinate. Local air conditioning contractors are busy during the hottest months, so to get in on the most convenient service and best air conditioning repair discounts, time your service call between March and May.
Central Air Conditioner Check List
- Physically inspect the surroundings of the air conditioning unit. Cut down shrubs and weeds, along with other plants that have sprung up around the unit. This essential step ensures that the unit will manage to suck in sufficient amounts of outside air to cool and blow inside the house.
- Turn on the air conditioning unit on the first day that the temperature hits 70 degrees in March or April, and let it run for about 60 minutes. Detecting problems and scheduling proper air conditioning repairs and even replacing a faulty unit will be painless when it is still relatively cool outside and HVAC companies are not running around from house to house tackling emergency calls.
- Check the air filter, and change it if necessary. Some air filters may need to be replaced every year, whereas permanent air filters only require annual cleaning for optimal performance. In either case, dirty filters can create a multitude of problems for an air conditioner; the unit’s energy usage will increase, while the evaporator may even ice over when a filter is allowed to accumulate too much dirt. In addition to making sure the filter is changed or cleaned, go around the unit, picking out obstructions such as leaves or debris that may be blocking parts.
- Freon level inspection: If the freon levels are low in the air conditioner, a leak is probably present and a freon recharge might be necessary to compensate the lost freon. Low freon levels significantly decrease the life of the compressor, the key component in any a/c unit, and overheating is likely.
- Tighten screws. A yearly air conditioning maintenance routine also includes checking that all screws are tightly fastened.
- Check Air Conditioner Thermostat operation. While this may sound obvious, you should also double check that the A/C thermostat is set on “cooling” mode, and the temperature is well below room temperature to automatically turn on the air conditioning unit.
- Safe air conditioning maintenance: If you encounter a problem during the air conditioner test run and you have a hunch of what may be causing the malfunction, don’t fail to follow basic safety rules that apply to any home maintenance jobs. Cut off power to the a/c unit first, and never just hose down a unit; you will run the risk of electrocution.
How to Maximize Useful Life of the A/C Unit
If you run into problems that require professional air conditioning repair service, as an early bird you are likely to get the fastest and most attentive care from a local Heating and Air Company. Routine Air Conditioning maintenance is the most economical solution to guarantee cool air blowing through your house during the summer months, but if it is time to install a brand new unit, make sure to look into energy standards and tax incentives offered to homeowners who opt for environment friendly appliances.
Popularity: 50% [?]
The majority of people do not know that indoor air pollution can often have much higher levels than outside. This is not good for people who suffer from allergies or asthma as these pollutants are the direct cause.
Read more on Air Quality in Your Home…
Popularity: 39% [?]
Homeowners are sometimes unexpectedly faced with a large expense arising from the failure of a home heating system, central air conditioning unit or another system we rely on for our basic comfort. We dread these scenarios not only because of the high cost of heating or air system repair, but because of the inconvenience of managing without air or heat when it’s most needed. Finding a reliable company to quickly fix the problem can be stressful, and our daily routine is interrupted for home heating repair.
Read more on Simple Steps for Avoiding Heating & Air Emergencies…
Popularity: 32% [?]
Simple steps for cutting AC costs down to size
No doubt about it, electric bills rise during air conditioning season, especially if your home has central AC… and you’re fighting back!
Read more on Four Steps to Reduce Air Conditioning Costs…
Popularity: 31% [?]
The need to make equipment and home as efficient as possible is obvious to all who value their hard-earned cash. Saving even a modest 10% on a conservative $1,200 annual bill means $120 in your pocket instead of the utility company’s.
A little AC maintenance can save a lot of money. It’s easy to think of your home’s air conditioner as “set it and forget it.” Not true. Even though they are generally sturdy devices built for long use, regular AC maintenance is the key to efficient operation and long life.
Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) may be the biggest user of energy in your home or building – about 42% of your total energy bill. To trim those bills remember to turn it off when not needed; run it less; and make it more efficient. HVAC is sometimes referred to as climate control becauseit provides heating, cooling, humidity control, filtration, fresh air, building pressure control, and comfort control.
Read more on HVAC in San Diego…
Popularity: 40% [?]
There is nothing like beautiful San Diego weather. Any time of the year is great for visiting and enjoying the perfect climate. San Diego enjoys their beautiful weather year round with an average daily temperature of 70 degrees Fahrenheit (21 degrees Celsius). With the warmest month of the year being August with an average maximum temperature of 77.5 degrees Fahrenheit, it’s likely most homes can get away with not having an air conditioning in San Diego.
However, San Diego has a variety of weather conditions which will make home owners want to install an air conditioner. Usually in about an hours drive, you can experience all four different San Diego micro-climates – coastal, inland valleys, mountains and desert.
Read more on San Diego Air Conditioning…
Popularity: 43% [?]
When is the last time you fired up your air conditioner?
Are you even sure it still works properly?
There’s nothing worse than waking up in the middle of the night sweating only to find your air conditioner unit is not working which could have been prevented with professional maintenance. Unfortunately, this is not a sure bet of preventing all problems. Your system can be running fine one day and completely burnout the next. Some things cannot be prevented. But with regular maintenance, your system will perform efficiently for many years.
Read more on Air Conditioner Check-Up…
Popularity: 51% [?]
This summer is approaching fast – are you prepared for a hike in your air conditioning bill? If not, follow these effortless, straightforward, and free tips and tricks to save your hard earned cash from blowing out the window and spend it on more rewarding activities…
Read more on Free & Easy – Energy Saving Tips…
Popularity: 20% [?]
The cleaning that an Air Duct Cleaner can do on your furnace consists of cleaning any accessible components of the furnace that the air moves across. However, these same components must be cleaned while in place and under no circumstances are they to be removed or altered in any way.
Duct Cleaning companies are equipped with many unique proprietary tools that afford them the ability to clean the furnace’s conveyance components while they remain in place.